My Philips Airfryer's homemade fries are not as expected
Published on 22 February 2023
If your Philips Airfryer's homemade fries are not as expected, there might be a simple solution. Read the steps below to learn how to solve this issue yourself.
- Choose a type of potato that is suitable for making fries
- We recommend filling the basket of your Airfryer up to only half of the total capacity for an even result
- Larger fries may be less crispy than smaller fries
- Shake the basket of your appliance 2–3 times during the air-frying process
- Your Philips Airfryer uses Rapid Air technology, which makes the frying process different from deep-fat frying. Follow the steps below to prepare homemade fries with your Airfryer:
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into sticks.
- Soak the potato sticks in a bowl for at least 30 minutes, then take them out and dry them with kitchen roll.
- Pour half a tablespoon of olive oil into a bowl, put the sticks in the bowl and mix until the sticks are coated with oil.
- Remove the sticks from the bowl with your fingers or a kitchen utensil so that excess oil stays behind in the bowl. Put the sticks in the basket of your Airfryer.
- Fry 300-800 g of the potato sticks at 180°C for 18-25 minutes and shake the basket 2-3 times during the hot air frying process.
Our site can best be viewed with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.