No, you have to wash the bottles before putting them into the Philips Avent steriliser. Find out how it works.
Can I sterilise/clean dirty bottles in my Avent steriliser?
Clean them thoroughly in the dishwasher or clean them by hand in hot water with some washing up liquid.
If you own a Philips Steriliser type SCF287 or SCF286, you can use the dishwasher basket to pre-clean the items you want to sterilise.
SCF287 or SCF286:
Using the steriliser basket:
1) Open the two sections of the lid of the dishwasher basket and place the bottles and accessories in the basket
- Make sure that the bottles are placed upside down.
2) Close the two sections of the lid of the dishwasher basket
3) Place the basket in the dishwasher.
4) Switch on the dishwasher and let it complete the dishwashing cycle.
5) When the dishwasher has finished, take out the dishwasher basket and make sure that the dishwasher basket and all items to be sterilised, are clean. If not, clean them by hand.
6) Place the dishwasher basket completely into the large basket of the steriliser.
- You can leave the dishwasher basket inside the large basket with the two sections of the lid opened.